So…What is the Google AdWord Keyword Tool?
The Google AdWords Keyword Tool is a great way to generate keyword ideas as well as review traffic estimations for these keywords. Though it’s primary purpose is for users to come up with keywords for Google AdWord campaigns you can also use it to:
- Get ideas for a company or domain name which includes commonly searched terms.
- Find Keywords that you can include in your website content to increase your onsite SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Find Keywords to use in external articles and links back to your site (this is known as offsite SEO).
How do I get Started with the Google AdWord Keyword Tool?
- Go to https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
- Type in a website address or a phrase.
- The keyword tool will review the content of the website you entered to understand the purpose of the site or it will read the phrase you entered. Then the tool will compare this with actual searches made by Google users and offer similar alternative keyword suggestions.
What Will it Cost Me?
It is a free online service offered by Google AdWords.
What platform is it available on?
You use the tool via your browser so as long as you can get to https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal you can use the service.